Sunday, August 30, 2009

Review of Artist's Works


Gregory Crewdson

Out of all the artist's works I observed, Crewdson's was my favorite. His photographs are so well done that they seem almost fake. While the photos themselves contain a remarkable beauty and quality, their content delivers an unnerving feeling. It makes the viewer uneasy. I found myself wondering what was going on in these photos. I wanted to know more.


Jeff Wall

Like Crewdson, Wall's work also demonstrates the aesthetic beauty of photography. His signature works are large transparencies mounted on light boxes. Wall has established photography as a contemporary art form and most of his works are often thought evoking. I, again, jumped into these photos to uncover their stories.


Teun Hocks

Hocks work is very interesting. His works contain various mediums involving photography, paints, prints, and drawings. Also, the artist seems to appear in all of his works. He becomes a part of it. I find Hocks works to be comical and wacky, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, I thought his drawings were more interesting.


Cindy Sherman

I have recognized Sherman's works before when reading on contemporary art. Her photographic works comment on society and explore stereotypes of femininity and females in pop culture. Her black-and-white photos are aesthetically pleasing and clearly show its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment